Oriental Rug Cleaning
Oriental Rug Cleaning
Our process of Persian and Oriental Rug Cleaning
- First, we look over the rug for any pre-existing physical damage, such as tears or loose fringes.
- Next, we dry vacuum the front and back of the rug to remove any embedded soil.
- Then, we use the appropriate pre-spray unit to apply a cleaning agent depending on the fiber content of the rug.
- After that, we’ll soft scrub the rug using a rotary shampoo machine to loosen any deeply embedded soil. We also do this to the rug’s fringes.
- We’ll then thoroughly rinse the rug to remove any contaminants and unwanted impurities.
- From there we hang the rug to dry. When it’s done drying, we do an overall analysis of the rug. If necessary, we’ll re-service certain areas.
- Finally, we’ll groom and detail the rug before delivery back to you. We’ll even make sure the pile of the rug is laying in its original direction!
We offer free pickup and delivery for rug cleanings as well as plastic wrapping for storage for a nominal fee based upon the number of rugs.
Our Minimum Service Charge for
On-Site Cleaning is $250
In-Plant Oriental Or Area Rug Cleaning : $3.00 – $5.00 per sq. ft.
On-Site Oriental or Area Rug Cleaning : $1.00 – $1.50 per sq. ft.
Oriental Rug Soil Block : $1.00 per sq. ft.
Rug Padding : $2.15 per sq. ft.
Topical Deodorization : $0.75 per sq. ft.
Odor Decontamination : $1.50 per sq. ft.
Moth Proofing Application : $1.00 per sq. ft.
De-flea & Tick Application, Bedbugs, etc… : $1.00 per sq. ft.
Original Fringe : $33-$35 per ft.
Re-Fringing : $18.00 per ft. (ready made fringes)
New Fringe (Silk or Cotton) : $40/00 – $50.00 per ft.
Binding Sides: $22 – $25 per ft.
Overcast Ends : $22.00 per linear ft.
Note: Color Restoration Available
Rug will need to be taken in for off-site evaluation
Oriental Rug Padding
As far as Oriental rugs go, many of them are handmade and quite valuable, held together by hand-tied knots on the back of the rug. If you want to keep one of these rugs lasting a long time, you’ll want a kind of rug pad that’s dense and solid enough to protect it from premature wear and matting. Our premium padding, which is a USA-made product that contains a layer recycled felt and contains a layer of natural rubber, is the best choice. While there are other “felt/rubber” rug pads available, many of them contain synthetic rubber and polypropylene, a form of plastic. It’s important that your Oriental rug’s non-slip pad be made of recycled felt and natural rubber in order to avoid damaging the floor.
Our Premium padding is the best for oriental rugs. It pad contains recycled felt and it brings with it a layer of natural rubber. This rug pad is excellent for oriental rugs that tend to slip. Our Premium padding is made in the USA of a textured felt surface and a textured natural rubber lower surface. The felt prevents the knots of the oriental rug from rubber against the floor and the rubber prevents the rug from slipping. While there may be many “felt/rubber” rug pads available, many of them contain a synthetic rubber and polyprolpylene, a form of plastic. It is important that the non-slip rug pad for oriental rugs by recycled felt and only natural rubber, as this will not damage the floor.